GO TO

http://www.blogtv.com/people/wildtimeradio to get access to all the clips

Thursday, February 4, 2010

Re Interview CAT CAUSE

There were some emails and comments coming in regarding the interview we did with Megan Tiedemann/Megan Pekilis about her statements and medical advise given in the interview.

This is the latest one:

" On behalf of a majority of people who know the creator of Cat Cause, Megan Pekilis we would like to inform you that we do not agree on the grounds of which this group was established. The reason for this is because we are aware that she does not have the authority to offer any medical advice concerning animals from a veterinary standpoint as she has not received the training nor the education to offer this.

For you information, she has worked for at least two animal clinics in the Greater Toronto Area and has been dismissed from both on rather unfavourable terms. We are greatly concerned that many people might be fooled by the impression that which was made on the interview you did with her and may actually be planning to donate money towards this 'cause'.

We support the actual reason for creating such a group however the she is not an ideal canidiate for such a position.

Thank you for your time and consideration."

----------

In light of this the question is now whether or not to remove the interview from our blog TV page or not - please let us know what you think.

1 comment:

  1. To all the viewers of Wild Time Radio,

    I am the creator of Cat's Cause on Facebook.com. Majority of people within this cause DO NOT share the point of view that was sent in the email--I know this because I have over 1,800 members in this cause I have created. I have NEVER offered medical advice and I have ALWAYS told everyone that I am NOT a Registered Veterinary Technician, however, I am FULLY TRAINED as a Veterinary Technician. I have worked in THREE veterinary clinics and I was dismissed from one, however, my employer was verbally abusive to myself AND the staff and I was unable to perform properly due to extreme stress levels. The first one I have worked at was 2 hours away and I was offered a job closer to home and the last one I am leaving because I am moving 1 hour away from Toronto. I have NEVER asked for any kind of a donation and I have only ever asked that people report groups to Facebook.com that display descriptions, photos, etc with animal abuse and cruelty. I do not know who wrote this, but I suspect it is a girl who I used to work with at the clinic I was dismissed from. I have not spoken to her in well over a year and I do not understand what her reason is for doing this. I have since spoken to her employer and he will take the necessary disciplinary actions due to her slander. If these kinds of emails continue from her, I will be filing a formal police report against her for slander. Thank you.

    Sincerely,
    Megan Pekilis
    Cat's Cause: Speak For Those Who Can't Speak For Themselves.

    ReplyDelete